Sodium persulfate is the inorganic compound with the formula Na2S2O8. It is the sodium salt of persulfate (also called peroxydisulfate), an oxidizer. It is a white solid that dissolves in water. It is almost non-hygroscopic and has good shelf-life. Persulfate is often used as a strong oxidizer or monomer polymerization initiator.
Sodium persulfate is but only an initiator for latex or acrylic monomer polymer fluid, vinyl acetate or chloroethylene, etc. but also an initiator for the copolymerization of cinnamene, acrylonitrile, butadiene and other colloids. It is often used as a strong oxidizer and has the following usages
(1) Used while rinsing or cleaning the surface of metal with acid;
(2) Accelerate the processing procedure of low concentration formalin binder;
(3) Used as a regulator while producing amylum and applied to the production of binder or paint;
(4) Used as desizing agent or active bleaching agent;
(5) For hair dye, as a principal ingredient with discoloring function.
(6) Used as oxidizer for remediation of envionmental protection.
(7) Used as drilling fluid chemicals.
The salt is prepared by the electrolytic oxidation of sodium hydrogen sulfate
We supply Sodium Persulfate with the specificaiton as below:
|Active Oxygen||6.65% min.|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||0.001% max.|
|Ammonium Salts (as NH4- )||0.05% max.|
* GHS complaint Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for commercial product of Sodium Persulfate is available uopn requested.*