Potassium persulfate is the inorganic compound with the formula K2S2O8. It is the potassium salt of persulfate (also called peroxydisulfate), an oxidizer. It is a white solid that dissolves in water. It is almost non-hygroscopic and has good shelf-life. Persulfate is often used as a strong oxidizer or monomer polymerization initiator.
Potassium persulfate is but only an initiator for latex or acrylic monomer polymer fluid, vinyl acetate or chloroethylene, etc. but also an initiator for the copolymerization of cinnamene, acrylonitrile, butadiene and other colloids. It is often used as a strong oxidizer and has the following usages
(1) Used while rinsing or cleaning the surface of metal with acid;
(2) Accelerate the processing procedure of low concentration formalin binder;
(3) Used as a regulator while producing amylum and applied to the production of binder or paint;
(4) Used as desizing agent or active bleaching agent;
(5) For hair dye, as a principal ingredient with discoloring function.
(6) Used as oxidizer for remediation of envionmental protection.
We supply Potassium Persulfate with the specificaiton as below:
|Active Oxygen||5.85% min.|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||0.002% max.|
* GHS complaint Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for commercial product of Potassium Persulfate is available uopn requested.*